chitikaLB

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Eternal Life: My First Composition

In March 1997, just before my high school graduation, I was lying on my bed thinking of God's great love for me. I was so overwhelmed knowing that it was my mother alone who worked for the four of us. Yet, she still managed to send me to an Adventist school. 

During my high school days, I had been active in church. I even dreamed of becoming a minister because of my passion to talk about God's great love and His second coming. This was the reason I composed a song. This was my first composition, though I have also written poems for my mother and friends.

Here's the lyrics of the song. I also made a tune for it, but I don't know how to make an MP3. It would be better if there's an accompaniment so you could immediately learn the song. Anyway, you can make your own music if you want.



ETERNAL LIFE


There's a friend up above
Who binds us with love.
He's such a good friend to us.
He was sent by His Father
To save us from sin.
For He wants us to have eternal life.

Refrain
So you need not to worry
For everything was free.
He suffered there on Calvary
For He loves you and me.
And so my friends now is the time
For us to thank our God.
For without Him we have not attained,
A love that will remain.

Whenever you have problems
Just call Him by name.
For He is willing to supply all your needs.
His hands are always ready
To show you the way
For He wants you to have eternal life.

(Refrain)

This is just a short and very simple song, but the message is what matters the most. God truly loves all of us. The very reason He sent His Son to suffer on the cross of Calvary is for us to have eternal life. Nothing more, nothing less. 

On the day of His second coming, all of those who truly love Him and treasure the gift of salvation which He gave through His life will live in that heavenly kingdom forever.

1 comment: