chitikaLB

Sunday, July 15, 2012

A good joke in class

I just want to share with you one of the funny experiences I had when I was still teaching English to Korean students.

One day, I decided to start my Vocabulary class with a tricky question since I noticed that my students seemed tired and sleepy. (Actually, it always happens every Monday. That is what we call 'Monday sickness.')

"Good morning class," I started. "I know how good you are at Vocabulary, but I still want to challenge you. I have here a few questions before we proceed to our main lesson." No one seemed to pay attention, but I just continued speaking. "Whoever gives me the correct answer will receive a price." All of a sudden, I had my whole class seated properly eagerly waiting for the questions.

"OK, how do you call a female chicken?" They chorused, "Hen." "How about a male chicken?" "Rooster!" "How about a baby chicken?" My class answered back, "Chick!"

"Very good! Now here's the question with a price. How do you call all of them?" Some answered chickens. Others hen, rooster, chick. I said, "No." Then I held a piece of Choco Mucho up and said, "Are there any answers?" No one gave me the correct answer.

How about you? Can you guess the answer?

kruuut krut krut...Kruuuutingggg..... That's how we call them, right? If we call them chickens..... do you think they will come?

Annoyed and disappointed, my students said, "Teacher, another trick please." Because their minds were focused on the choco mucho.



No comments:

Post a Comment