chitikaLB

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Which is correct-You and I or You and me?

Which is correct-You and I or You and Me?

One of the Korean students whom I tutor asked me last night which of the two terms is correct. 

I answered her that both are correct, but that depends on how you use them. 

You and I is only used as a subject while you and me serves as the object. You and I and You and Me are not interchangeable. 


You and I are asked to report to the school principal tomorrow morning. ( not You and me...)

The boss gave you and me another task to finish by next week. (not you and I...)

Me is the object pronoun of I, while You still has you as its object.

I hope this simple explanation also makes it clear for you. Anyway, if you have a different point of view regarding this topic, please feel free to write it down. There's a space below prepared just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment